With Windows and Microsoft products, there is an option "Export to Excel file" in the Ribbon, which works. It will need some time to make this function compatible with other OS and non-MS spreadsheet appplications. Here is a workaround, which is faster in any case:
(Click on picture for screencast sequence [1'17"]!)
Select a convenient View for your List, containing all necessary columns and lines. Eventually create your personal View.
- Use mouse to select all or part of the displayed table. Use copy function of your browser.
(Only Firefox has been tested by us. Probably others work as well.)
- Open your spreadsheet application.
- Depending on your application, use the appropriate copy function to insert the table content into a new spreadsheet:
- Excel (as in screencast): Right-click and Special Paste. Choose "Text" format.
- OpenOffice Calc: Use the standard paste function (Ctrl-V key or Edit::Paste menu).
- Adapt contents and columns in spreadsheet as usual.
Please report other flavours or applications, if you can test them!